Today we bring you veggies brown rice noodles’ recipe. The idea behind this recipe is that you can reduce food waste by cooking delicious meals with the ingredients you left at the end of the week/month. Indeed, there are times when we can just gather what we have available in the fridge and prepare great meals. This was what happened for this recipe. I put together some of the vegetables I had left at the end of the week and that would do a good combo. Then I cooked them and stirred them with some brown rice noodles and voilá, a delicious dinner was ready!
This dish has a touch of Asian flavours and is packed with vitamins, minerals and, thanks mainly to the brown rice noodles, is high in fibre. Noodles are always a good and satisfying option. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Gather the ingredients. You can swap some for those you have available in your fridge. Just make sure they go well together.
Cut the veggies into strips (carrots, peppers and broccoli), slices (mushrooms) or thumb-size pieces (such as the aubergine).
Golden sliced garlic in a dash of olive oil in a frying pan, and then add your veggies.
Add 1 glass of water, soy sauce and sesame oil, and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes in medium heat.
In the meanwhile toast the sesame seeds in a pan for about 5 – 10 minutes. Shake the pan every now and then. When they start popping/jumping like the popcorn, turn the heat off.
You can add a portion of spinach for extra flavour, 5 minutes before the veggies are ready.
Once the spinach reduced size, add the sesame seeds, mix all well and turn the heat off.
Bring water to boil and then add the brown rice noodles. Let them cook for 3 – 5 minutes. Drain the water by pouring the pasta and water into a colander. Put the veggies pan in the fire on high heat and add the noodles. Add one more splash of sesame oil and soy sauce and mix all well for 3 more minutes, and voilá, it’s ready!
VEGGIES BROWN RICE NOODLES
Plant-based (vegan), lactose-free,
Level of difficulty: medium
Preparation time: 45 min
- 100g broccoli stem
- 100g mushrooms
- 3 small/medium carrots
- ½ medium size aubergine
- 1 medium-size pepper
- 1 small/medium courgette
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tsbp sesame seeds
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 dash of olive oil
- 200g noodles
- 60g spinach
- Gather all the ingredients and get them ready to cook (step 2).
- Cut in strips the carrots, pepper and courgette, slice the mushrooms and chop the aubergine in thumb-size shape.
- In a frying pan golden sliced garlic cloves in a dash of olive oil. Add the ingredients with 1 glass of water, 2 tbsp of soy sauce and 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Let it cook for 15-20 minutes in medium heat.
- In the meanwhile, toast the sesame seeds in a pan for 5-10 minutes in medium heat.
- Once all the water of the veggies is absorbed, add the spinach and let it cook for 3 more minutes and turn off the fire
- In another pan bring water to boil. Once boiling, add the noodles and let them cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the water from the noodles, and add 1 tbsp of sesame oil and mix them.
- Turn on the fire of the veggie pan on high heat. When they re-start cooking add 5 tsp of sesame seeds. Add the noodles along with 1 tbsp of soy sauce and stir it all well.
- It is ready. Serve the veggies brown rice noodles in a nice plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds for decoration.