At last I tried the tofu scramble, and you know what? I like it a lot! Although the flavour is not quite like eggs, it super tasty and it replaces the traditional scrambled eggs incredibly well. For me, this is the best tofu scramble recipe: 100% vegan, delicious, whole-food, gluten-free, very easy to do and you can have them in your breakfast or any other meal you wish to.
You can do this recipe using home-made tofu, and the ingredients used to flavour it are very simple: onion, soy sauce (or tamari sauce for a gluten-free version), nutritional yeast, olive oil, turmeric, black pepper, salt and optionally almond milk.
Gather the ingredients and start by chopping the onion and mash the tofu with your fingers. Bring the onion to golden in olive oil (you can use a dash of water for a healthier version).
Add the mashed tofu and sprinkle it with grounded black pepper. Let it cook for 1 minute before you add the rest of the ingredients.
Stir all very well to mix the ingredients together. Cook it for about 5-8 minutes in medium heat, whilst stirring the mix.
Serve it on a toast, cracker, with avocado, tomatoes, mushrooms. Enjoy!
THE BEST TOFU SCRAMBLE
Plant-based (vegan), lactose-free, gluten-free (optionally)
Level of difficulty: easy
- 250g of tofu
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1-2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 3/4 of tbsp of soy/tamari sauce If you want to do a gluten-free version, use tamari sauce instead!
- 2 tbsp of unsweeten non-dairy milk
- A dash of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Gather all your ingredients and start by mashing the tofu with your hands.
- Finely chop the onions and golden them in olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat for a couple of minutes (you can use a dash of water for a healthier version).
- Add the tofu, sprinkle it with black pepper and a pinch of salt. Stir it well for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: soy or tamari sauce, unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used almond milk), nutritional yeast and turmeric.
- Stir all do the ingredients mix and start ‘blending’ together.
- Mix and stir all whilst cooking for around 5 more minutes.
- Serve this deliciousness on its own, on a toast or cracker, with avocado, tomatoes, or with whatever you wish.
Please share this article on social media and follow us, Subscribe on our website for newsletters and give us your feedback! 🙂