There are days that we are in a rush, lazy or even too tired to spend too long in the kitchen preparing a decent meal. Have you been there? If your answer is yes, you will like this super easy broccoli rice recipe that I bring you today! It takes about 20 minutes to have it ready and it is tasty, nutritive, quick and easy to do.
This super easy broccoli rice is very healthy, will include some greens into your meal and satisfy you, without too much effort. It is such a good option to welcome this colder autumnal/winter season.
Gather all your ingredients. Start by slicing the onion and garlic.
Chop the broccoli into smaller pieces, peel the carrots and slice it. In a pan, golden the onion and garlic in a dash of olive oil for 3-4 minutes in medium heat.
Add the broccoli and carrot with a splash of water and a pinch of salt and let it cook for 3 more minutes. Add the rice, the water and salt to taste. Let it cook with the lid on for about 15 minutes on medium heat. It will be ready when most of the water is absorbed and the rice is moisty and with a smooth texture.
SUPER EASY BROCCOLI RICE
Plant-based (vegan), lactose-free, soy-free, gluten-free
Level of difficulty: easy
- 250 g of risotto arborio rice (short grain)
- 400g - 500g of broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- water (quantity equivalent of 2 1/5 glasses of water for one of rice)
- Olive oil
- Herbs de Provence (optional)
- Prepare the ingredients: slice the onion and garlic clove. Peel and slice the carrots, and cut the broccoli into small pieces
- Toss a pan with olive oil and golden the onion and garlic for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the veggies with a splash of water and a pinch of salt and let it cook for 3 or 4 more minutes.
- Place the rice into a cup and use the same glass to measure the water needed: for 1 glass of rice you will need 2 1/2 glasses of water.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir all a bit. Add the water and salt and herbs to taste.
- Cook it with the lid on for about 15 minutes. The rice should be ready when the water was absorbed and the rice is moisty and with a smooth texture.
Please share this article on social media, Subscribe on our website for newsletters and give us your feedback! 🙂