I love dips (as you may have noticed), in particular Hummus. I normally like to stick to the traditional recipe. There was one time when I happened to not have chickpeas at home. I found peas and I thought ‘why not?’. I was surprised about how delicious it turned out to be. From then on, this Creamy Peas Hummus became one of my favourite dips recipe.
This is super easy and fast to do recipe – just like I like it. It takes about 5 minutes to do and all you need is a maximum of 6 ingredients and a blender.
Peas are also a great source of protein and fibre, but also of iron, manganese and vitamins A, K and C. They have a delicious sweet taste and, when blended, they became incredibly creamy.
Serve your creamy peas hummus with some carrot or celery sticks, pita or normal bread, crackers, in a sandwich or wherever and however you like it – see tips in our Tradicional Hummus recipe.
Gather all your ingredients and let’s start!
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until you get a creamy texture.
Optionally, add a pinch of ground cumin to give your peas hummus a tasty twist.
When everything is blended into and homogenous creamy texture, your Hummus is ready! Serve it and enjoy it.
CREAMY PEAS HUMMUS
Plant-based (vegan), lactose-free, gluten-free, soy-free
Level of difficulty: very easy
- 250 g of green peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp of tahini
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- 1 tsp of grounf cumin (optional)
- If you’re using canned peas, rinse them well in running water, and if you using frozen ones leave them to defrost 30 minutes before. If they are dried peas, soak them overnight and boil them in water and salt.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon and blend all.
- Add carefully and gradually a bit of water to help the blending process and provide more creaminess to the mixture.
- Once you have a homogeneous cream, serve it.
- Prepare your veggies (such as carrot, celery and cucumber strips, lettuce leaves), or your bread, or anything else you might want to eat your hummus with.